Steve’s New Instructional Book Out!
Steve Morse: Melodic Rock Guitar Concepts launched February 1. Grab it here on Amazon.com!
Melodic Rock Guitar Concepts shows you the influences that have shaped Steve’s unique guitar style and he shares how he has adapted his favorite country licks into a rock context.
Learn These Techniques:
- How to create vocal, melodic phrasing
- How to develop motifs to build guitar solos
- How to use diverse rhythms to create engaging guitar melodies
- How to create well-formed phrases with momentum and direction
- How to use space to punctuate ideas and keep your listeners engaged
Then Dive In:
- How to combine different rhythms in fast-picked passages
- How to sequence ideas to avoid clichéd patterns
- How to add passing notes to create fresh hybrid soloing shapes
- How to use string skipping to create modern, unpredictable phrases
- How to use multiple bends to span the bar line
The also book includes a download of 92 audio examples and backing tracks, along with all the usual clear notation and TAB. Check it out!
Steve on the Rob Sas Radio Show
About a year after their previous conversation, Steve had another chat with radio host Robert Sas of the Rob Sas Rock Show. Obviously a lot
Classic 1978 interview with original audio!
Back in 1978, music journalist Jas Obrecht conducted an interview with Steve before a Dixie Dregs show in California. Portions of this interview were published
Steve Morse Band on Tour!
The Steve Morse Band returns in 2023, with five shows across the Northeastern US. Don’t miss your chance to catch Steve Morse with Van Romaine and Dave
Steve’s solo for Guitar Techniques magazine
Here is Steve Morse’s solo from The Dude Ranch, a bespoke piece written for him by Jason Sidwell. The full video, audio, backing track, tab/notation
Steve at All IN Festival
On September 3, Steve will appear at the All IN Music & Arts Festival in Indianapolis, IN. He will be part of the All IN
Steve Morse stepping down from Deep Purple
Deep Purple announces that Steve Morse will be stepping back from the band, having been its guitarist for more than a quarter of a century.